It can be frustrating and bewildering when your grown child still lives at home with you. You’re not quite sure how to help them become independent enough to leave the nest. Here are six tips to help you!
- Recognize and Stop the Cycle
- Reduce Comforts at Home
- Still Be Warm and Empathetic
- Encourage Them to Take Baby Steps
- Don’t Make Ultimatums You Can’t Keep
- Bring Someone Outside of The Cycle to Help You Disrupt It
Check out my training on how to create an effective living agreement!
A living agreement is an essential tool to promoting peace in the home and independence within your child.
Does your teen or emerging adult need help with adulting? Contact Dr. Crystal I. Lee to see how she can help.