I’m Dr. Jenifer Goldman (PSY#31311), a clinical psychologist in Los Angeles, CA. I work with adolescents and adults. I’m considered a tween and teen specialist, often working with twice exceptional (2e) students; these gifted individuals are also autistic or have ADHD. My specialties include anxiety and perfectionism, depression, and trauma.
I have extensive experience helping adolescents and young adults better understand their emerging identities, regulate their emotions, and develop essential life skills. In session, I use a combination of exploratory techniques and practical strategies. This helps clients feel validated and understood while improving self-awareness and everyday functioning.
My Professional Journey in a Nutshell
- Graduated summa cum laude with Honors and Distinction in Psychology from Colby College
- Researched the connection between parenting styles and outcomes for children, as well as issues related to privilege and racial identity
- Earned my doctorate in clinical psychology from George Washington University, an esteemed program in Washington, D.C.
- Completed an APA-accredited internship at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Awarded Psychology Clinical Intern of the Year
- Completed my post-doctoral training in neuropsychological assessment, giving me a comprehensive understanding of how individuals’ underlying abilities and history combine to influence their current presentation
- Throughout my training, specialized in working with adolescents
Other Professional Endeavors
- Direct a community-based psychological assessment department
- Supervise psychology doctoral students in assessment and therapy in a neuropsychology group practice
- Active in the Los Angeles County Psychological Association
phone number: (310) 564-6786
I am licensed in California and able to provide teletherapy services to anyone physically in California.