I’m Dr. Priscilla Barajas (she/her), a Licensed Psychologist (PSY22289), with almost 20 years of experience in the field of psychology. I have a deep passion for working with neurodivergent young adults, adults, and their families. My interests and specialties include depression, anxiety, work or academic related stress, and family therapy. I support my clients navigating a variety of issues including social/relationship difficulties, identity, life transitions/adjustment issues, academic motivation, work/life harmony, and parenting.
I tailor treatment to fit each person’s unique needs. As such, I’m interested in learning about others as whole people, including specialty interest areas, values, cultural background, and goals. I assist clients in developing healthy and supportive relationships where they can feel understood and connected, including in treatment with me. I celebrate and explore differences, not just tolerate them, as I believe they make the world richer. I also enjoy working with families on navigating roles, adjusting to transitions, and improving communication and the quality of relationships. Finally, I support my clients in developing concrete skills (e.g., coping, self advocacy, time management, enhancing motivation, and parenting) to help in everyday life whether that’s at home, school, work, or in relationships.
- Graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelors of Science in Biology and Minor in Psychology
- Earned a PhD in Clinical Psychology from Fordham University in New York City
- Completed an APA-accredited internship at Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services in Culver City, California
- Researched evidenced based practices (including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Multidimensional Family Therapy, and Multisystemic Therapy) for adolescents with a range of presenting issues– substance abuse, delinquency, school and family problems, and emotional difficulties
- Worked in a variety of clinical settings including community mental health, schools, and hospitals
- Provided supervision and training for doctoral level psychology interns for 14 years
- Directed an APA-accredited internship training program for doctoral-level psychology students for 8 years
- Directed an APPIC-member post-doctoral training program in autism for 5 years
Other Professional Endeavors:
- Supervises licensed and unlicensed psychologists in a community mental health agency
phone number: (818) 479-3350
I am licensed in California and able to provide teletherapy services to anyone physically in California.