LA Concierge Psychologist is a boutique practice in Los Angeles, CA serving clients throughout California via teletherapy. We are growing and need to hire another clinical psychologist!
This is a part-time independent contractor position, so the psychologist must have another “gig” outside of working at LA Concierge Psychologist. We are looking to hire someone immediately but are also very mindful that we want someone who is a good fit for our practice and our clients.
This is an ideal position for someone who is working part-time elsewhere, as their caseload would build over time (average is 3-4 months). This is also a great position for someone who is interested in a private practice “lifestyle” but dislikes the administrative pieces (e.g., billing, marketing). This is not the right fit for someone needing a large number of clients immediately and wants to build up a caseload and then leave. We’re hoping to find someone who would grow to see 15 clients per week and stay with the company long-term.
Compensation is $150 per 45 minute session up to $199 per 60 minute session. Clients are seen via teletherapy, unless you would like to see clients in-person (some of our clinicians provide in-home/on-site therapy within a specific service area). Free clinical consultation with the practice owner, Dr. Crystal Lee, is available upon request.
We pride ourselves on being neurodiversity-affirmative psychologists; this is a must in order to be considered for this position.
We primarily work individually with teens, emerging adults, and adults. Occasionally we get requests for couples therapy (mixed neurotype couples) and family therapy (teens or emerging adults with their parents).
The majority of our clients are neurodivergent (either autistic or ADHD-er). You must understand autism and ADHD through a neurodiversity lens. Many of our clients are LGBTQIA+, so you must be affirming and knowledgeable about that population as well. Our clients also tend to struggle with anxiety, perfectionism, depression, stress, work-life balance, and/or relationship issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA-accredited program
- Licensed in California (licensure in other states is a plus but not required)
- Passionate about the neurodiversity framework (if unfamiliar with this, must be willing to do some reading/training/education and have another interview before starting)
- Understands disability and disorders using the social model
- Extensive experience working with autistic adults and ADHD-ers
- Works from a neurodivergent-affirmative/anti-ableist perspective
- LGBTQIA+ affirming
- Skilled in working with anxiety, perfectionism, depression, stress, struggles with work-life balance, and/or relationship issues
- Has advanced training beyond graduate school
- Comfortable working with clients via video
- Has another “gig” besides seeing clients at LA Concierge Psychologist
- Comfortable slowly building their caseload
- Has a growth mindset and engages in life-long learning
**Psychologists from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.**
- Conduct free 20-minute consultation calls with prospective clients
- See 15 clients per week via teletherapy
- Complete documentation for client sessions
- Provide clients with a Good Faith Estimate (template provided)
- Maintain a current license and malpractice insurance
- Adhere to the ethical and legal standards of our field
- Have a business that can be contracted with LA Concierge Psychologist (needed to be an independent contractor)
- Very competitive compensation: $150 per 45 minute session up to $199 per 60 minute session
- Ability to be completely in charge of your schedule
- Ability to assess clients for fit and decide which clients you’d like to work with
- Access to free clinical consultation with Dr. Lee
- Opportunities for occasional networking, speaking, writing, etc., if interested in those types of professional activities (would be representing LA Concierge Psychologist)
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following topics:
- Diagnoses and/or presenting problems you specialize in and/or are comfortable working with
- What neurodiversity-affirmative care means to you
- Any unique identities or perspectives that may help you in working with our clientele
The Interview Process
If we think you may be a good fit for the practice, we will email you to schedule a 15-30 minute phone screen. After that, we may invite you for a 45-60 minute video interview to further assess goodness of fit. At that time, we may also request three references.